Hit and miss model engine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got it put together and partly running. Went together nice.

I can not get it to run in hit/miss mode. Runs in regular mode awesome so far with some 25:1. Might try upping it to 40/50:1. Needle out about 3/4 turn on mine to run, one or two clicks either way and she no run. Idle adjustment seems to only kill it if any place but full open. Gets warm fast even with water in the tank. I had to bend the lil arm that holds half of the points as it was making contact way to long. Got it to open and close normal now. Kept hearing the ignition box with a low buzzing sound.

I think I will have to mess with the timing to get the h/m working right, get it to fire closer to top dead center maybe. The two springs on the push rod seem pretty stiff also, might try weaking these up a lil bit. Tinkering is why I like these kind of things.

I need to get a better 8mm driver/socket, none of mine fit in the hole the plug is in . Only one I have that fits is not deep enough to go over the plug. Had to use small needle nose to snug the plug up. The ring that holds the gravity balls was lose on mine. Still need to mount the box on the skid and run the wires and all that stuff.

Pics? It is a bit of a challenge. To start it close the air at the carb. Open it slowly once it fires. It won’t run properly till it’s warmed up a bit. On the fuel adjustment it needs to be set a tad on the rich side for the hit and miss to fire. My wife notion box doesn’t make any noise. I’ve tried 2s and 6vnihm. Both worked fine.

Last edited:
I won't get another chance to mess with it till the weekend again. I still need to mount the box and hide the wires. They are very nice models. I used an old Tamiya nicad for power and it worked fine.

HM-01 a.jpg

HM-01 b.jpg

HM-01 c.jpg

wow those are pretty cool
be neat to have a scale size pump jack hooked up to it, it reminds me of the old arrow c-66 engines that we used to have running pump jacks

I have 3 hit & miss model engines, and one of these coming any day. Has been on a slow boat from China. These things are fun to tinker with. Spring tension, timing, etc. etc. And some patience is required.:cool:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks