My New Bug Shell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwarfy

I got a gel coated fibreglass beetle shell before Christmas off Tongham Runsfold. Just got it stickered up now :D I think it looks quite good don't you? :cool: Not mounted it yet so that will be next weekend's job so will get more pics when its on.

Here it is just sat over the marder shell

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I just put 'shell' and 'dunlop' stickers across the front to fill the gap above the martini stickers. It looks better now! Cant wait to get it mounted but got a busy week ahead :( Will get the wing stickered up to match & finish off the Martini theme.

how you mounting it on mine ive ditched the tub now and made some posts from the rollcage there points on the bottom that you can drill for posts same on the top bars of the cage mines well solid better than the tub that things a pain

I like the tubs, it is so easy to work on with that thing on there LOL... ya right. but I will keep mine. it's an on road beetle so won't fill up with mud like they usually do

don,t take it to deeside untill its old , its to nice.

It will get used mate but I was more thinking of it as a dry weather shell cos the marder shell is more snug fitting and will keep more shite and water out although I do have the lexan cover over the electrics. I was also thinking ahead for when it gets battered - maybe a carbon fibre wrap would look good :cool2:

how you mounting it on mine ive ditched the tub now and made some posts from the rollcage there points on the bottom that you can drill for posts same on the top bars of the cage mines well solid better than the tub that things a pain

I seen them mounting points on another post somewhere and they look a simple fix. Could even have been yours mate I cant remember! When I got the marder there was a bag of bits with it and Im sure there were some mounts in there for a MT or MB shell. Will have to dig it out again & see what I got but will prob go the side mounts as well.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks