Losi five-t 2.0 big bore!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazybajabuild

hey guys I’m playing with the idea of building a big bore Losi 5-t 2.0, I know it’s probably been done but my question is, will the drivetrain handle it? Also, will the big bore pipes fit under the stock cage?

hey guys I’m playing with the idea of building a big bore Losi 5-t 2.0, I know it’s probably been done but my question is, will the drivetrain handle it? Also, will the big bore pipes fit under the stock cage?
depends what engine you go with, stock drive train might handle a 40cc but much more than that you'll need a fully upgraded driveline although i couldnt tell you what because i have no actual experience

It depends on the engine. I only have experience with Taylor big bores so can provide a bit of info on them. Regardless of which big bore, you will need alloy diff cups and diff housings/bulkheads to stop the flex which causes the gears to crunch and strip, along with the ModifiedRC centre diff mount and Blackbone spur/pinion

40, 46, 55 - driveshafts will be fine
50, 65 - driveshafts will cope for a while
71, 88 - forget about it

You can get IRC shafts/outdrives for the front and rear, but that leaves the centre. Most opt for the Taylor chassis so they can run it as the v1 centre driveline which can then be upgraded with the Phatdad shafts, and give you a much more reliable drivetrain for the bigger engines

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks