Center brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you mean the brake on the layshaft as opposed to disc brakes at the wheels? If so, the layshaft brake is well protected from being jammed with grit etc so discs at the wheels are more suited to on road. As far as performance goes, hydros at either will perform equally as well whereas a tuning layshaft brake is totally reliant on the strength of the servo so will obviously need a high torque servo to get the best from it.

The reason I ask is that I just got a Leo II Comp. with four Hydro brakes.
And can see that there are many who run the center brakes on it ......

Probably for the reason of the rear discs (at the wheels) getting poop up & the performance dropping off or being unreliable.

They sell in three options, brakes on each corner - brakes on the layshaft and no brakes at all.

I run brakes on the front and layshft brake - mostly because off road, brakes on the rear wheels will bite you on the arris AND get full of crap whereas brakes on the layshaft won't.

Hi

:detective: Have looked at the hydro rear brake on the Leo and got an idea, it is ONLY a prototype.
And it is NOT quite finished

Attachments

• 20121029_234459.jpg
    20121029_234459.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 20121029_234518.jpg
    20121029_234518.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20121029_234547.jpg
    20121029_234547.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 19
Hi,

Have found a solution to my center brake problem, for my FG Leo II Comp. ......
aty5ady9.jpg
yse4uqu9.jpg
u8u2yva9.jpg
ve3ededy.jpg

Sendt fra min GT-I9300 med Tapatalk2

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks