Actual RB Innovations supercharger users

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Folly

Hi! I was watching Youtube and saw the Super Charger from RB Innovations. Is there actually someone that have this on his car?

Thanks!

Not really something for just someone to make but imagine the actual power this would make if it had just an exhaust valve...

I have a buddy that used to build and race those small single seat speed boats with the single outboards. He built a turbo charged one and it was nasty. I don't remember what it pulled on his dyno. He was told it couldn't be done. It can.

It's not that it can't/hasn't been done, it takes more then just strapping a turbo/supercharger on to make power + I've never seen one that was anything close to fuel efficient or worked very well till the rpm was pretty high. Loop scavenged engines just don't lend themselves well to forced induction. You loose a lot of fuel and air out the exhaust from not having actual valves. Reliability typically goes out the window too. You can look at past threads on here where we drug up everything from sleds to some drunk guy making his own 2 stroke engine from scratch. Cool factor is high, practically not so much for 90% of users.

Detroit diesel had a scavenge blower on their 2 stroke diesel but they did have exhaust valves, the blower wasnt ment for boost but ment to bring in fresh air and push out exhaust gasses. I'm with Sean on this and the rb one is good as a water pump, it has an impeller not a compressor wheel.

Hello guys, a friend told me about this site and said to check it out. I'm the same bluechipx from the physics forum. I can't say I blame the non-believers here, being one myself for a few decades. Big thanks to Folly and Jeepfreak for bringing up my physics posts! Should I put on my flak jacket before we get started?

Hello guys, a friend told me about this site and said to check it out. I'm the same bluechipx from the physics forum. I can't say I blame the non-believers here, being one myself for a few decades. Big thanks to Folly and Jeepfreak for bringing up my physics posts! Should I put on my flak jacket before we get started?
I didn't think you would join considering you don't run rc cars...yet. 😂

Welcome! And I am always open to learn buddy. My question was if there were users of the RB Inovations Super charger and if it works…. Till now I have only seen promo vids of RB but not from end users….

Welcome! And I am always open to learn buddy. My question was if there were users of the RB Inovations Super charger and if it works…. Till now I have only seen promo vids of RB but not from end users….
I wish I could help you on that. I've never seen one in person. Without the restriction of the exhaust, like a turbo impeller provides, a supercharger would just blow the charge through the engine.

Welcome, I’ll be honest I don’t know if it works or not so please, give us a physics lesson.
I’m still new to the 1/5 scale 2stroke world so I try to say very little and learn a lot.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks