Quick vid of my rebuilt FG Monster/Stadium!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tizdaz

Hi guys, just a quick vid of my FG Monster/Stadium Ive rebuilt for my lad!

This is basically a 20 year old model, It was in pieces in my "To Do" box for years as i never got around to rebulding it!

Anyway, i recently rebuilt it, the Engine is a stock Zen G290 which is around 15 years old! But as you can see from vid, still going strong, over the years ive had pretty much every stock zen there is, the stock 290 imo was the best of the lot for my 2WD FG's. I've never felt the need for a tuned engine with my FG's when I used the stock G290 with a decent tuned pipe!

I also have a brand new clear Stadium Shell set, just not got around to spraying it yet etc! So will be doing that soon, I have all the paints etc, just need the time ^^

Uupgrades/Build i have are:

Zenoah G390 (29cc)
Walbro 1150 Carb
Samba Tuned Pipe
MadMax Giant Grips Tires/Rims
Hub Extenders
Steel Pinion/Spur (BlackBone)
Alloy rear upper/lower arms
Alloy Radio Plate
SAVOX 0241MG (Steering & Spektrum A380 Throttle/Brake)
Battery: Spektrum 2s 4000mAh RX Lipo
GT Electronic Switch
Upgraded Layshaft brake
Alloy Gear Carrier
Adj. Diff / Riser
TGN Redneck Outer Filter + Outerwares
Custom Made Perspex Side panels
Custom Made Battery Tray
AlliExpress RCEXL Remote Killswitch (been great so far!)

I also removed 4 shocks as the stock FG Monsters use 2x shocks for each wheel which is not needed, so i removed 1 shock from each wheel to give the norm 1 shock per wheel setup, and fitted stiffer springs/thicker oil which works nice.

I also upgraded the electrics so I can use 2s Lipo, so I'm using 3s Battery with HV servos for better torque (SAVOX 0241 for steering & Spektrum A6380 for Throttle/Brake, i also replaced the mech switch for a electric switch which also shows state of battery.

Soon I'm going to upgrade the brakes with front mech brakes & also upgrade the shocks to some decent alloy ones such as the GPM ones from hobbythek which are excellent quality/price as i used them on my last FG for years.

Anyway, here's the quick vids:

Quick lil bash!
https://www.rcaddict.co.uk/FG Stadium Beetle/Vids/index.html#img=Rhosesmor 21_04_24.mp4

First Test:
https://www.rcaddict.co.uk/FG Stadium Beetle/Vids/index.html#img=20231231_153305.mp4

Last edited:
Hi guys, just a quick vid of my FG Monster/Stadium Ive rebuilt for my lad!

This is basically a 20 year old model, It was in pieces in my "To Do" box for years as i never got around to rebulding it!

Anyway, i recently rebuilt it, the Engine is a stock Zen G290 which is around 15 years old! But as you can see from vid, still going strong, over the years ive had pretty much every stock zen there is, the stock 290 imo was the best of the lot for my 2WD FG's. I've never felt the need for a tuned engine with my FG's when I used the stock G290 with a decent tuned pipe!

I also have a brand new clear Stadium Shell set, just not got around to spraying it yet etc! So will be doing that soon, I have all the paints etc, just need the time ^^

Uupgrades/Build i have are:

Zenoah G390 (29cc)
Walbro 1150 Carb
Samba Tuned Pipe
MadMax Giant Grips Tires/Rims
Hub Extenders
Steel Pinion/Spur (BlackBone)
Alloy rear upper/lower arms
Alloy Radio Plate
SAVOX 0241MG (Steering & Spektrum A380 Throttle/Brake)
Battery: Spektrum 2s 4000mAh RX Lipo
GT Electronic Switch
Upgraded Layshaft brake
Alloy Gear Carrier
Adj. Diff / Riser
TGN Redneck Outer Filter + Outerwares
Custom Made Perspex Side panels
Custom Made Battery Tray
AlliExpress RCEXL Remote Killswitch (been great so far!)

I also removed 4 shocks as the stock FG Monsters use 2x shocks for each wheel which is not needed, so i removed 1 shock from each wheel to give the norm 1 shock per wheel setup, and fitted stiffer springs/thicker oil which works nice.

I also upgraded the electrics so I can use 2s Lipo, so I'm using 3s Battery with HV servos for better torque (SAVOX 0241 for steering & Spektrum A6380 for Throttle/Brake, i also replaced the mech switch for a electric switch which also shows state of battery.

Soon I'm going to upgrade the brakes with front mech brakes & also upgrade the shocks to some decent alloy ones such as the GPM ones from hobbythek which are excellent quality/price as i used them on my last FG for years.

Anyway, here's the quick vids:

Quick lil bash!
https://www.rcaddict.co.uk/FG Stadium Beetle/Vids/index.html#img=Rhosesmor 21_04_24.mp4

First Test:
https://www.rcaddict.co.uk/FG Stadium Beetle/Vids/index.html#img=20231231_153305.mp4
Nice build you got there.

hi mate all i can see is cluch worn heavy on right side and clutch bell don't look parellel in gear carrier

possably tme for new ones

paul

Back