Fail safe issue on raminator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick Mars

Went to adjust brakes today and could not get failsafe box to work.With radio on,plug battery in,on off switch is eliminated,turns green then red,no flashes,normal for truck.Press channel 3,normally light turns green,but staying steady red.Tried spare brand new box/harness,same thing.I have steering,no throttle or brakes.Found piggyback signal wire pulled out of throttle plug.Repaired with spare male end and spliced wires.Still have same issues,red light,no throttle or brake but have steering.Turn radio off reciever flashes but not failsafe.Eliminated failsafe,got steering but no throttle or brake still.Can see radio display showing correct function of throttle,brakes,steering and failsafe.... Any thoughts before I order parts appriciated.Going to try spare servos tommorow but failsafe box got me baffeled.Also wires on new failsafe are switched ,yellow and white reversed but come out of box correct , same as old one but colors switched .Both are primal factory box. Shoping list new v2 harness,failsafe,reciever and radio.Also going to try spare new reciever tommorow.Thank you my friends,one of us geniouses will figure it out!!!!

Hi Mick

Good day.

This is an odd one.

Any chance that you have the brake servo inadvertently trimmed into the failsafe zone?

ShadOman ,good to hear from you.Hope you are well.Have you finnished that awsome truck,been checking your post.Yes,strange considering other than lack of brakes,truck ran fine last week.The signal wire being pulled out of lead explains brake issue,used 3rd channel to shut off engine like always.Changed nothing on radio_One of those worked fine,shut it down,now i have a gremlin deals.Going to do some swaps/tests later today.Also ordering v4 harness and spare throttle and brake servos for back up.I did stock up on some things and got the v4 steering but have spares to use before that goes on truck.My diffs still holding up and did get new taylor tranny shafts,the latest version,but again nothing broke.I did figure out that where i run truck there is a spot where it goes from grass to concrete and last time tranny shaft broke was right there.Basically same as a on power jump landing........Well cooking some spaghetti salad,substitute spag.for macaroni,then the investigation continues.Will let you know what i find.Enjoy the weekend!!!
I

Found it,bad brake servo.Guessing the signal wire sent brake servo full lock and burned out.Fail safe seems to realize brake servo not connected correctly and shut down system.Some times simple things need simple answer

Hey gang,got to install v4 harness,new brake servo today.Everything apears to be functional,tight and right.The v4 harness eliminates the y harness for kill switch,that or maybe its for the volt meter.Didnt want my battery in a box and may eliminate the charge wire.Pretty much straight foward install but might make some changes.Picked up nice sevo wire kit on amazon.Came with the safety holders for pugs.Been wanting to do that for a while....I think new harness well worth the price and kinda nice to have a on/ off switch again.Test it out tommorow!!!!!!!

20240517_154737.jpg

20240517_154726.jpg

20240517_154755.jpg

20240517_154813.jpg

20240517_154838.jpg

20240517_154858.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks