2015 Ontario Fifth Scale Off Road Championship Series

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProRodeoMC

Ontario Fifth Scale Off Road Championship Series (OFSOC) Race #1 Update

Hey Drivers, this Sunday is our first race of the 2015 OFSOC Season. It is a dirt oval track at Ohsweken Speedway, 1987 Chiefswood Road, Ohsweken, Ontario, ON N0A 1M0.
If you aren't registered for the series, expedite your "on-the-day" registration process and secure your Truck/Buggy # by registering today at: http://jscully.tk/register

Our tentative format/schedule for the Day:
8am - 9:30am - Pits Open, Registration Open
9:45am - Drivers Meeting
10:00am
- Practice (6 minutes in Duration. Fastest Lap seeds Qualifier)
- Qualifier (40 Laps, once leader crosses onto lap 40, everyone crosses onto their final lap. Your TQ time, i.e. 40 laps in 8:43.234 is what will seed you for your Mains)
- Moto #1, Moto #2 (2 x 45 Lap races. The winner is based on their moto finishes, totalled, lowest "score", i.e. 1st and 2nd would be 3 points; 3rd and 3rd would be 6 points; the first guy would win. Tiebreaker is Moto #2's finish. Based on participation, we may have BB and CC mains. If you are in a lower main, you will run two races, and the top-two will bump up.)
We are using an RC3 Mylaps Box, meaning 2-wire Transponders are what are required.
Parts support: Skycraft Hobbies will be on-site for all of your parts, tires, accessories, fuel and tech support needs.
There will be food on-site, though will be close by.
Full Rules: http://rcacres.com/index.php?page=rules,-regulations,-
Drivers List: http://rcacres.com/index.php?page=27

Pre-register by going to http://jscully.tk/race1 ... this way you're VIP for check-in at registration.
Or shoot me a message with:
Name, Class(es), Transponder(s) if available, Permanent Number(s)
text 416.931.2502 or email: [email protected]
5f1961bfda3850861174ef191a75533d.jpg
3fb27714fef1fe01887419ec730a168b.jpg
cd48703106f4dafb7aa2f24b9055ad08.jpg
de52a710cf4d10ceed67d64e454ab9c8.jpg

2015 Ontario Fifth Scale Off-Road Championship Schedule
May 3 - Points Race #1 @ Ohsweken Speedway
May 24 - Points race #2 @ Walton Raceway
June 7 - Points race #3 @ RC Acres
June 20 - Points race #4 @ RC Acres
July 5 - Non-points race #1 @ RC Acres
August 9 - Points Race #5 @ RC Acres
August 23 - Points race #6 @ Walton Raceway
September 6 - Points Race #7 @ RC Acres
7 Points races - 1 Drop
1 Non-Points Race

Important Dates Outside of OFSOC
June 26-28, 2015 - Quebec Sanair
July 17-19, 2015 - Canadian 5ifth Scale Nationals - Walton Raceway
August 14, 2015 - Walton Exhibition Race (contact Tom Bitz for info)
August 30, 2015 - 1/5 Monkey Race - Quebec
September 26-27 - Fifth Scale des Nations - Ohsweken/ RC Acres Club

Results have been posted and series points updated.... http://rcacres.com/index.php?page=2015-OFSOC-Results

Thanks Racers for taking part and supporting the opening race of the 2015 OFSOC Season at Ohsweken Speedway.
First, I missed my deadline and will be hearing about it for a while at home. We booked it as much as we could. On behalf of the Racers, our thanks to Ohsweken Speedway and Glenn Styres for the use of the track and for turning the lights on for teardown. It would look totally awesome to race at night there. Also to Dave Presnail and Gus for building the RC Track and maintaining it. The Westerly wind made short work of the water, and fortunately we had gallons to throw into it.
A big kudos to Doug at RCscoring Pro for the latest "Instant TQ" feature which makes calling qualifiers fun; plus making a program adjustment for our fast-single-lap seed.
Thanks to Steve Emery for loaning out transponders so our guests from the Ottawa Valley could be scored efficiently. They're in our case.
My thanks to Jamie for doing a lot of the Race Director duties... It was a big help.
Canon... While I love my Camera, their printer department can go screw. Before the Printer decided it would do its last RC Race result, I had to nurse in the pages one-at-a-time... When I wasn't flagging the end of a race, I was feeding the printer its last meal. I will find a nice spot to bury it in Flesherton. (Results will be up after the wake)
Also my appreciation goes out to the 24 & 25 for the drinks and food; even with cheesies.
For those that missed this race ... you missed a good day. Lots of track time and fun times were had in your absence. (Some just got a bonus drop as the worst they could have done in series points was 4th or 5th...)
Congrats to the first champs of the season, see you on May 24th

1/5 Scale and Going to Walton? Get in Today!
It's already almost time for the 2nd Race of the Ontario Fifth Scale Off Road Championship Series... we race again May 24th at Walton Raceway.
We will be using a handful of race directors this season, will be cramming in a lot of racing, and are purchasing awards based on pre-registrations. We will be looking for you to pre-register for OFSOC Races. It's very easy to do so (we're not using RC Signup for anything other than the National...) ... you can use a simple google form - http://jscully.tk/may24 - or email [email protected] with your name/class(es)/transponder/permanent number - or text it to 416.931.2502
To expedite the days, I am looking to pre-load the first races from the pre-registrations. We will take you on the day, but it is going to make it a much smoother check-in process for our racers and administration by having everyone pre-register. PRE-REGISTRATION IS NOT PRE-PAYMENT, PRE-PAYMENT IS NOT REQUIRED OR PREFERRED FOR OFSOC & O8SOC EVENTS.
We look forward to seeing you at Walton.
Pre-register:
Google Form: http://jscully.tk/may24

MyLaps Transponders in OFSOC & O8SOC Series
Mylaps has a monopoly on RFID technology, they created it and it is the mainstream for all racing - 1:1 Cars and Trucks, Marathons and of course RC. As most of you know, a new MyLaps transponder is a considerable investment (about $125 at Skycraft Hobbies), and there have been some knock-offs of their technology over the past few years (i.e. MRT Clones... the black transponders). To gain their share back in the market from those that have taken their technology away from them, MyLaps has created a new system that won't read clones. This is the Upgraded RC4 Decoder Box. It is the only thing on the market available, and they were crafty in getting a lot of tracks to upgrade their RC3's/RC4's firmware or trade for RC4. They won't "downgrade". So now, this is where we sit. RC Acres has a RC4 with old firmware and Walton has a RC4 with the new firmware.
What that means:
RC Acres - 2-wire MyLaps and 2-wire Clones are compatible
Walton Raceway - 2-wire and 3-wire Genuine MyLaps are compatible
If you have a clone transponder (usually black, or say MRT on them), you can either purchase a 3-wire MyLaps for Walton and continue to use your clone at RC Acres, or purchase a 2-wire MyLaps and be good at both. 2-wire is the most popular in the world, so that would be my recommendation.

If you have an MRT, per Shawn Fraser: "The MRT's will work at walton if you send your MRT in and they will update it. You know you have the updated MRT if the blue light flicks twice after you turn in on. ;-)"

Race 2 is shaping up nicely! df1c1be979ed630ad8098b64ab5c96d0.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432183787.825784.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432183787.825784.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks